SIERRA WALDORF CAREERS
Our school rests in the Rawhide Valley, a rural community in the Sierra Nevada Foothills, near the towns of Sonora and Jamestown. Tuolumne County is a wilderness paradise with most of Yosemite National Park within its borders. Hiking, skiing, rock climbing, biking, and sightseeing opportunities abound.
Our school will be celebrating its 30th year. We have 180 students in parent tot, nursery, kindergarten, and grades 1-8. Our faculty is an extremely dedicated group of teachers, many of whom have graduated their own families from our school. We are committed to working out of anthroposophy and the indications of Rudolf Steiner, as well as working with consensus. Our programs include; Eurythmy, Puppetry, Gardening, Woodworking, Music and Spanish.
Sierra Waldorf School is seeking a teacher for our Parent Tot program. This is currently a two day per week program with the possibility of adding a third day. We seek a kind individual who loves working with children, values collaborative working and wants to welcome and support new parents.
Our Parent Tot Program provides a nurturing group experience for young children and their parents. It supports our newest families during their parenting journey and their first entry into Waldorf Education.
The position totals 11.5 hours at two days with the potential of 16 hours if the program is expanded to three days. This includes time for clean up and mentoring meetings.
To apply please send a resume and three references to AnnMarie Black at email@example.com.
Job title: Development Director
Job Classification: Administrative Staff
The Development Director is part-time employee who will work with the SWS Board, the Development and Outreach Committees, School Administrator and Development Coordinator to plan and implement major fundraising events for Sierra Waldorf School. This position will also create marketing materials that can be used during the year. The Development Director will be supervised by the School Administrator.
- Manage two major fundraisers:
- The Annual Giving campaign (fall through end of December)
- Manage the Annual Auction (held in Spring)
- Work with the Finance Committee and the Board to establish an annual fundraising budget
- Work with the Fundraising Committee to identify and execute fundraising calendar of events as appropriate to meet/exceed budget goals. Includes Annual-giving campaign, Auction, and other fundraising events.
- Track and report fund raising expenses and income to the Board
- Solicit and help to train volunteers to participate in the Fundraising/Outreach Committees and events
- Solicit sponsorship from local businesses and organizations.
- Create and implement annual and long-range plans to secure major gifts and new donors
- Other duties as assigned
Development / Community Relations
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and materials that increase visibility of the school and communicate the core values of the school
- Give presentations about present and future development at Sierra Waldorf School at community events, Board meetings and other venues as appropriate
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in the Development field, and in the fulfillment of a positive mission
- Understanding for and appreciation of Anthroposophy and Waldorf Education, including administrative and educational principles, techniques, and methods.
- Event Planning Experience
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Ability to relate to and honor all members of the school community and work as part of a team.
Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
Knowledge of financial-management tools and budget management
A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
Excellent organization and delegation skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Training in Waldorf School administration a plus!
15 hours per week @ $20/hour. School year position (42 weeks)