THE SIERRA WALDORF CAMPUS
SWS is situated on the site of the former Rawhide School built in 1875 for the families of a thriving gold-mining community. The one-room school house continues to be used for eurythmy, music education, drama presentations, and community meetings. It is surrounded by classrooms built by Columbia Unified School District when they used the site, as well as classrooms built by SWS.
Our Nursery and Parent Tot Program share their own yard, our two kindergartens share a yard, as do our First and Second Grades. Our bur- geoning community garden borders the parking lot and is clearly visible from the road. It has become an “eye-catcher” and a centerpiece of the school. On the northern and eastern edges of the valley we are bordered by lava table mountains, and to the south and west, rolling foothills. Directly across the road is a working cattle ranch.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
he Vision of Sierra Waldorf School is to provide Waldorf education to develop children’s capacities of thinking, feeling, and willing, so that each child’s spirit, soul, and physical body are meaningfully nurtured and educated. A community of committed, compassionate, and thoughtful individuals and families best supports this endeavor of renewing the social impulse in the world through Waldorf education and threefold social organization and working.
Our Mission is
Our Values & Goals